Help your father feel extra special with this easy-to-prepare, yet elegant, flatbread pizza
Paterson, N.J. – June 15, 2015 – If you want to celebrate Father’s Day with a simple lunch or dinner at home that will make dad feel like a king, try making this hearty personal pizza that’s sure to please, and impress.
Kontos Foods, provider of flatbreads, crepes and other ethnic foods, suggests using ready-made 7-Inch Pizza Parlor Crust to make this seafood-inspired meal. This recipe adds a delicious Mediterranean twist to the always satisfying traditional pizza pie.
Simply follow these easy steps to surprise and delight any dad, grandfather, and all the special men in your life.
Kontos “Shrimp Neptune” Personal Pizza
One 7-Inch ready-made pizza crust (optional – grill for 1 min. before topping grilled side up.)
6 medium shrimp raw (peeled and de-veined)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1 oz. sliced scallions
8 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
4 oz. shredded whole milk mozzarella (artisan) cheese
1 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
½ oz. chopped dill or chives
1. Conventional oven – preheat oven to 400⁰ F
Convection oven – preheat oven to 375⁰ F
2. Sauté raw shrimp, garlic, and scallions in the olive oil for about 1 minute, or until the
shrimp turn pink.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp, scallion/garlic mixture and set the seasoned olive oil to the side.
4. Spread the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese onto the pizza crust.
5. Spread the shrimp and scallion/garlic mixture on top of pizza evenly.
6. (Optional) Evenly drizzle seasoned olive oil over the top.
7. Place topped pizza into the oven on a pan (Tip: Place directly on rack for a crispy crust).
(Note: Toaster ovens are ideal for Kontos Foods Pizza Parlor Crusts!)
8. Conventional oven – Bake for 6-8 minutes.
Convection oven – Bake for 5-6 minutes.
9. Remove from oven with a baking sheet or pizza spatula.
10. Top with quartered cherry tomatoes and chives or dill.
11. Let cool for 1-2 minutes.
12. Slice into 4-6 slices.
Note: Oven baking times can vary. Flatbread pizza is ready when the cheese is melted completely and edges are medium brown, to liking.
“This new spin on a classic pizza will make dad feel extra special while indulging on one of his favorite foods,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods. “And, as an added bonus, this personal pizza is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes, giving families more time to spend enjoying it together.”
Kontos 7-inch Pizza Parlor Crusts comes five to a pack. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world. Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
Kontos Foods Inc.