Kontos Foods is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your personal information is protected.
- Third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, and/or applications) which we do not control.
- Individuals that Kontos Foods does not manage or employ.
These Third Party sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions and we encourage you to read them before using them.
If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Kontos Foods’ site or otherwise provide Kontos Foods with your personal information.
If we discover that we have collected information without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information.
What information do we collect?
Information we May Collect Automatically
- Information about the type of browser you use.
- Details of the web pages you have viewed.
- Your IP address.
- Hyperlinks you have clicked and/or websites you visited before arriving at the Kontos Foods’ site.
- Your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party sites (such as the “Like” function on Facebook).
Information we Collect from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you’ve given permission to share that information. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include:
- Street address
- Shopping habits
- Preferences and information about your lifestyle (e.g., hobbies and interests).
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law.
We may share usage information with trusted third parties (e.g., advertising and PR agencies, data exchanges, etc.) to help us offer you tailored content, including relevant information for products and services which may interest you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, clear gifs and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit our site or other third party sites.
How do we use your personal information?
- To enhance your experience on the Kontos Foods’ site.
- Evaluate the use of the Kontos Foods’ site, products and services.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertising, PR and promotion efforts.
- Personalize your website experience, as well as evaluate (anonymously) statistics on website activity, such as time visited and what site referred you.
- Make the Kontos Foods’ site easier to use and better tailor it to your interests.
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the Kontos Foods’ site.
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the Kontos Foods’ site, such as IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you use, and link this to your personal information to ensure it presents the best web experience for you.
- Contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us your consent or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
How we may use your Personal Information:
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) we think may interest you.
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in a sweepstake or contest. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time.
- To send you information, products or samples that you have requested.
- To respond to your queries or comments.
Who do we Share your Personal Information With?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Kontos Foods. However, from time to time we may share your personal information with trusted third parties including.
- Our advertising, PR and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze our campaigns and promotions.
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered.
- Law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information.
- Third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us your consent.
- Third party providers of services, such as data processing, to Kontos Foods.
- Third party Web analytics tool providers.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal or safety reasons.
We may Share or Transfer Your Personal Information to:
- Conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws.
- Detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests.
Kontos Foods does not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business, or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
Safeguarding your Personal Information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
Your Privacy Rights & who to Contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us at www.Kontos.com or at 1.800.969.7482.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- Don’t want to be contacted in the future.
- Would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records.
- Wish to report any misuse of your personal information.