Fire up the grill – it’s time for a delicious Bleu Cheese burger on Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread! Your guests will love this fancy feast of juicy beef, gooey Bleu cheese, mushrooms & onions on “better-for-you” bread.
Paterson, N.J. – July 14, 2014 – Want to try something on the grill that’s new and exciting this summer? How about a mouth-watering Bleu cheese burger on multi-grain flatbread, with sautéed mushrooms and onions? Chef Demetrios Haralambatos, the executive chef at Kontos Foods (www.kontos.com), has developed this simple, but delicious, recipe especially for Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread.
Grilled Bleu Cheese Burger on Multi-Grain Flatbread
Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread
1 lb. chopped meat for four burgers (80-85% lean)
6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion
Salt & pepper
6-8 slices of Bleu cheese (or other favorite cheese)
Chilled lettuce or tomato for topping
1. Using a cast-iron grill-safe skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in olive oil on hot grill.
2. Grill ¼ lb. chopped meat, per person, to taste.
3. As burgers are getting close to ready, place a few slices of Bleu cheese – or another favorite cheese – on your burgers to melt.
4. At the same time, preheat 1 slice Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread (or other favored Kontos flatbread or pita) for 15-20 seconds on each side. Cut bread into two halves.
5. Build sandwich – add sautéed mushrooms and onion, and chilled tomato and lettuce. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with fries and a pickle. Enjoy!
“Everyone loves a barbeque. If you’re looking for something extra special to serve, your family and friends will love Chef Demetrios’ bistro-style sandwich. The big, tangy flavor of Bleu Cheese blends beautifully with the juicy burger and sautéed vegetables, topped off with our rustic Multi-Grain flatbread,” said Steve Kontos, vice president of Kontos Foods.
To learn more about Kontos Foods and its array of flatbreads and other baked goods, visit www.kontos.com. You can also find Kontos Foods on Twitter@KontosFoods or on Facebook at www.facebook/KontosFoods. Photos are available upon request.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, NJ-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos together with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. To learn more, visit www.kontos.com, or call (973) 278-2800.
Fastlane on Behalf of Kontos
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326