Tired of the same old pizza? Trick your taste buds with this delicious (and healthy) beet and garlic topping
Paterson, N.J. – Feb. 2, 2018 – The big football game is just days away and if you just can’t get yourself jazzed about another order-in, tomato sauced pizza, take heart. This vegetarian-friendly Greek Beet Pita Pizza Recipe from Kontos Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of ethnic artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods, is just the thing to satiate your hunger. Today is also the kickoff of American Heart Month in support of the American Heart Association’s #GoRedForWomen campaign to end heart disease and stroke in women through education, exercise and diet. What better way to celebrate than with a healthy pizza that’s made from Greek Lifestyle Flatbread, which has half the carbs, twice the protein and nearly four times the fiber of regular flatbread. You can swap in low-fat Feta cheese for an even healthier pizza. The recipe comes together in minutes and serves two but can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate your entire family, or big game party. Indulge, as there’s no guilt eating this delicious pizza!
• 2 Greek Lifestyle Flatbread (Kontos Foods)
• 1 cooked medium beet
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 large Roma tomatoes, sliced
• 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
• 3 teaspoons Greek olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Salt & Pepper, to taste
• Fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet, lined with foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
2. Add beets, garlic, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and spices to blender. Blend until ingredients combine.
3. Spread the beet garlic dip over the pita bread, and top with Roma tomato slices, grape tomatoes, and Feta cheese. Drizzle olive oil over the flatbread.
4. Place flatbread on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve with basil over the top.
Make sure you save a piece for your significant other, and guests!
Recipe courtesy of Kouzounas Kitchen
Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 275 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) and Steve Kontos, who together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
(855) 677-5263, ext. 109
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326