Kontos’ Fully Certified Halal & Kosher Lineup Includes Assorted Flatbreads, Baklava, Cocktail Flatbreads & Its Newest Product, Toasted Tidbits™
Paterson, New Jersey – February 12, 2019 –Kontos Foods, Inc., a U.S.-based manufacturer and distributor of traditional artisan breads and Mediterranean specialty foods, will be returning to the Middle East this weekend to attend this region’s biggest food and hospitality tradeshow: Gulfood 2019, being held Feb. 17 – Feb. 21 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. Kontos will be exhibiting in the USA Pavilion, Hall SHK, Saeed 3, Booth #S3-B35.
Kontos Foods will be featuring Toasted Tidbits™, made from sliced Kontos’ signature GYRO Bread, toasted into delicious Tidbits™. They’re a perfect low-calorie snack, but are also ideal for dips, soups and salads. It will also showcase an extensive range of Halal- and Kosher-Certified flatbreads, as well as Fillo Dough and sweet Middle Eastern-style Fillo pastries.
A sampling of its 60+ varieties of Flatbreads which will be showcased include Tandoori-style, Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Greek Lifestyle Flatbread®, Gyro breads, grilled Panini breads, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes, and other ethnic flatbreads. Kontos will also be displaying its full range of Fillo dough, which comes in varying thicknesses, as well as Kataifi dough. Swing by the booth to sample some of Kontos Foods’ ready-made Baklava and Nut Roll pastries, and taste our flatbreads with Zaatar, an irresistible spice mixture popular in the Middle East.
- Massala Nan – A blend of fresh chopped hot chili and onions with oriental spices create this wonderfully flavorful oval flatbread; its flavor is enhanced by heating.
- Grilled Panini Bread – This oval bread is ‘pre-grilled’ for convenience; requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for Panini sandwiches and bruschetta.
- Lavash – The perfect ‘roll-up’ flatbread! This soft and pliable 9 by 11-inch rectangular flatbread rolls in both directions. Because it is yeast based, it will absorb moisture and not fall apart. May also be used to make ‘pinwheels’ for appetizers.
- Gyro Bread – This bread is ‘pre-oiled’ for easier handling and requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for traditional souvlaki/kabobs and gyros.
- Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Burma and Balorieh, the Middle Eastern dessert comparable to Greek Baklava.
- Cocktail Flatbread – Two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with favorite meats, fish or vegetables.
- Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with 2x protein, 1/2 carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
- Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
- 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepes have a delicate, contemporary flavor and texture to complement a variety of fillings; they also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap. More than 98,000 buyers are expected to attend Gulfood 2019, which boasts more than 5,000 exhibitors in 120 country pavilions. “Our annual presence at Gulfood signifies our commitment to serving the Middle East and solidifying a presence here,” said Steve Kontos, president and owner of Kontos Foods. “We come each year to highlight our new offerings and network with existing and new retailers, restaurants and foodservice professionals.”
Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and several other countries. Find Kontos on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and follow the company on Twitter @KontosFoods and Instagram @KontosFoods.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as over 60 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos Foods has over 275 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos and his son Steve, who together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit https://www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
(855) 677-5263, ext. 109
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326