Offerings include all varieties of Flatbread and Pita Bread, Fillo products… and new Non-GMO Greek Pita. All products are certified Halal and Kosher
Paterson, N.J. – Feb. 6, 2018 – Kontos Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of ethnic artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods, today announced that it will once again be exhibiting at the Gulfood 2018 show, the world’s largest annual food and hospitality tradeshow in the Middle East, to be held Feb. 18 – Feb. 22 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. New this year, Kontos Foods will have on display a new Non-GMO-certified Greek Pita product that is also preservative-free and has other industry-first features. It will also showcase an extensive range of Halal- and Kosher-Certified flatbreads, as well as Fillo Dough and sweet Middle Eastern-style Fillo pastries.
Other items on view at the Kontos Booth this year include up to 50 varieties of Flatbreads, including Tandoori-style, Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Greek Lifestyle Flatbread®, Gyro breads, grilled Panini breads, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes, and other ethnic flatbreads. Kontos will also be displaying its full range of Fillo dough, which comes in varying thicknesses, as well as Kataifi dough. Kontos Foods’ ready-made Baklava and Nut Roll pastries are just a few of the items that will be available for sampling.
More than 97,000 buyers are expected to attend Gulfood 2018, which boasts more than 5,000 exhibitors from 185 countries. “This is our fourth trip to Dubai. Each year our business grows in the Middle Eastern, and around the world,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods. “This is a great way for us to reach new and extend our business with existing retailers, restaurants and foodservice professionals. This year in particular, we’re proud to take our latest innovation—a Non-GMO Greek Pita, which overseas markets value, and for which we have high expectations.”
Kontos will be exhibiting in the USA Pavilion, Hall TCA, Booth #S3-B39. Products include:
• Massala Nan – A blend of fresh chopped hot chili and onions with oriental spices create this wonderfully flavorful oval flatbread; flavor is enhanced by heating.
• Grilled Panini Bread – This oval bread is ‘pre-grilled’ for convenience; requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for Panini sandwiches and bruschetta.
• Lavash – The perfect ‘roll-up’ flatbread! This soft and pliable 9 by 11-inch rectangular flatbread rolls in both directions. Because it is yeast based, it will absorb moisture and not fall apart. May also be used to make ‘pinwheels’ for appetizers.
• Gyro Bread – This bread is ‘pre-oiled’ for easier handling and requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for traditional souvlaki/kabobs and gyros.
• Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Burma and Balorieh, the Middle Eastern dessert comparable to Greek Baklava.
• Cocktail Flatbread – Two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with favorite meats, fish or vegetables.
• Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with 2x protein, 1/2 carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
• Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
• 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepes have a delicate, contemporary flavor and texture to complement a variety of fillings; they also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap.
Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 275 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) and Steve Kontos, who together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
(855) 677-5263, ext. 109
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326