Fully Certified Halal Lineup Includes Assorted Flatbreads, Baklava, Cocktail Flatbreads & New Flatbreads
Paterson, New Jersey – February 11, 2020– Gulfood 2020, one of the World’s Biggest Food & Beverage Trade shows, kicks off in Dubai this weekend and Kontos Foods, Inc., a U.S.-based manufacturer and distributor of traditional artisan breads and Mediterranean specialty foods, will be there with its full lineup of Flatbead and Fillo products. The show, which is celebrating its 25th Anniversary, takes place Feb. 16 – Feb. 20 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. Kontos will be exhibiting in the USA Pavilion, Hall SHK, Saeed 3, Booth #S3-B39.
Kontos Foods will be featuring its over 60+ varieties of flatbread, including an extensive range of Halal- and Kosher-Certified flatbreads, as well as Fillo Dough and sweet Middle Eastern-style Fillo pastries. New varieties of flatbread will include its Gordita Flatbread, handmade soft flatbread taco shells perfect for filling with meat, cheese, salsa and sour cream. It will also show off Light (Thin) Flatbread in a Traditional White variety. Perfect for a healthy lifestyle, this versatile flatbread is super thin for a wholesome traditional flavor without overwhelming your sandwich topping or fillings. It contains 40 percent fewer calories than traditional Kontos flatbread, is 100 percent vegan, and contains no cholesterol or trans fats.
Other breads on display include Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Greek Lifestyle Flatbread®, Gyro breads, grilled Panini breads, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes, and other ethnic flatbreads. Kontos will also be displaying its full range of Fillo dough, which comes in varying thicknesses, as well as Kataifi dough. Ready-made Baklava and Nut Roll pastries will be available for sampling, along with our flatbread, which as always, will be offered with Za’atar, a flavorful spice mixture popular in the Middle East.
- Massala Nan – A blend of fresh chopped hot chili and onions with oriental spices create this wonderfully flavorful oval flatbread; its flavor is enhanced by heating.
- Grilled Panini Bread – This oval bread is ‘pre-grilled’ for convenience; requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for Panini sandwiches and bruschetta.
- Lavash – The perfect ‘roll-up’ flatbread! This soft and pliable 9 by 11-inch rectangular flatbread rolls in both directions. Because it is yeast based, it will absorb moisture and not fall apart. May also be used to make ‘pinwheels’ for appetizers.
- Gyro Bread – This bread is ‘pre-oiled’ for easier handling and requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for traditional souvlaki/kabobs and gyros.
- Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Burma and Balorieh, the Middle Eastern dessert comparable to Greek Baklava.
- Cocktail Flatbread – Two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with favorite meats, fish or vegetables.
- Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with 2x protein, 1/2 carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
- Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
- 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepes have a delicate, contemporary flavor and texture to complement a variety of fillings; they also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap.
More than 100,000 visitors from 200 countries are expected to attend Gulfood 2020, from 200 countries which boasts more than 5,000 exhibitors in 120 country pavilions. The theme of this year’s show is “Rethinking Food,” with a focus on ground-breaking trends in the food industry.
“We’re proud to be in attendance at this year’s Gulfood on its Silver Jubilee year. It’s an ideal forum for us to expand our relationships with Middle East retailers, restaurants and food service professionals, and to network with new ones,” said Steve Kontos, president and owner of Kontos Foods. “The theme of innovation at this year’s show resonates with our brand because we’re constantly surveying global food trends to ensure we’re giving customers what they want, using the freshest ingredients and attention to quality.”
Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and several other countries. Find Kontos on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and follow the company on Twitter @KontosFoods, Pinterest and Instagram @KontosFoods or Kontos Foods Inc. on LinkedIn.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of artisan breads and traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as over 60 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos Foods has over 275 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos and his son Steve, who together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit https://www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326