- Salmon Wrapped in Fillo Dough
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Heat olive oil and sauté the minced garlic for 1 minute; add baby spinach until wilted. In the last minute, add the chopped fresh basil. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts with goat cheese and set aside.
4. Cut salmon filets into rectangular-shaped pieces, approx. 2 inches wide by 5 inches long, keeping the filet portions separate.
5. Take 1 sheet of Fillo Dough and place a portion of salmon (6 ounces), on the corner nearest you, of the Fillo Dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4th of the spinach and basil mixture on top of the salmon fillet and top with 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese spread.
6. Fold the Fillo Dough (nearest you) over the salmon and make one complete wrap. Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough. Brush top and sides lightly with butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet.
7. Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until Fillo Dough is golden brown. Arrange on a plate with the asparagus.
1. Fill a deep skillet with water and ½ tsp. of salt and bring it to a boil. Add asparagus in a single layer and boil for exactly 7 minutes, or until tender.
2. Remove immediately and run under cold water to help restore its bright green color.
3. Drizzle asparagus with olive, your favorite gourmet sea salt and a balsamic vinegar, a balsamic reduction glaze is great if you have it.