1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
3. Center one Fillo sheet in a 9x13-inch pan, and brush with butter.
4. Cover with another Fillo sheet and brush with butter. Repeat for 3 more sheets.
5. Sprinkle 4-5 tablespoons of nut mixture over Fillo layers.
6. Cover nut mixture with 2 sheets, individually buttered.
7. Repeat Steps 5 & 6 until you have 3 sheets of Fillo remaining.
8. Layer and butter last 3 sheets on top.
9. With a spatula or the back of a knife push overlapping Fillo sheets down the inside of the pan and under the buttered Fillo sheets.
10. Butter the top Fillo sheet and deeply score. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Dissolve sugar in water and bring to a boil for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice, lemon rind, cloves, and cinnamon stick and boil for an additional 20 minutes.
4. Strain and pour hot mixture over cooled Fillo and nut layers.
5. Allow syrup to soak into Fillo then cut all the way through.